We want all aspects of the application process to be as hassle free as possible, which is why we’ve made a convenient guide to applying.
The Application process
Once you have carried out a viewing and decided on a room that you like, we will:-
- Email you our banking details and unique referencing number in order to pay a holding fee;
- The holding fee is to ensure that the property is no longer marketed and that it will not be shown to any other prospective tenants; Please note that the holding fee will only cover you for the period that it takes to complete referencing and does not provide an indefinite time;
- The holding fee is non-refundable* and equivalent to one weeks’ rent which will be deducted from your first months’ rent;
- Please ensure that you provide us with your full name and contact details and if you believe that you may require a guarantor, we will require their full name and contact details. Should you not have a guarantor, we can recommend a company who will be able to assist you at an additional fee as outlined by them;
NB* If you change your mind or do not pass referencing, the holding deposit will not be returned.
Once we have confirmation that the holding fee has been received you and your guarantor’s (if applicable) details will be passed to our referencing company.
We are required by law (Immigration Act 2014) to verify that adult tenants have the right to rent in the UK.
The referencing company will carry out the following references:-
- Credit Reference – this may be required to prove that you have sufficient funds to meet the rent and may include bank statements from the last 3 – 6 months.Please be aware that you will need to have a combined gross income of 3 x the monthly rental;
- Employers Reference/School Reference – evidence that you are currently employed or studying in the UK;
- Character Reference – in order to show faith of character and this is usually provided by your employer;
- Previous Landlord Reference – this does not apply if you have not previously been resident in the UK.
Please be aware that we use an external referencing company and we are not able to control how long the referencing process will take. The company will contact you directly and ensuring that you provide them with all the requested documentation will speed up the process.
Once we have received your satisfactory referencing, we will require the following:-
- the remaining months’ rent.
- The deposit of 5 weeks rent.
- £25 inc. VAT per person referencing fee
Only once we have confirmation that the funds have been received, the tenancy paperwork will be emailed to you for online signature and we will then be able to arrange a time for you to collect your keys and be provided with the password for the property’s wi-fi. We will also email you an invitation to use our online portal which will enable you to view your rent account, report maintenance issues and track their progress.